Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's all over now, baby blue.

And so it ends... Juneathon, for me, ended as it began, with a two and half mile run on the Galway prom. Perfect symmetry. Only difference being that I started this mullarkey being slow, unfit and very tired. One month later, I am a bit faster, a bit fitter, and have a lot more energy. I didn't run everyday like some of the legends doing this event, but I did something most days and blogged as much as I could. I enjoyed the community blog aspect of it all as well and have definite ideas about who should win, and who should nearly win! Well done to the organisers!

8 comments:

  1. Well done and it was fun wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great fun for sure... we need a version of it for mid winter - Novemberathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing you Juneathon, in whatever way you chose. It no doubt did you a power of good.
    By the way, I love that song (Baby Blue). I used to sing it years ago in my dog racing days. My mate had a dog called Baby Blue which very occasionally my dog, Fly, used to beat. Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks...Its a great song alright - I was a big Bob Dylan fan for years and need to start digging out his CDs again! One thing I've resolved to do which has come from the Juneathon experience of reading other blogs is to go on a good trek run every once and a while with camera in tow to take a few pics and enjoy the scenery a bit more - starting this evening I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, but I was never a fan of Bob Dylan. This is the version I like:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RrdtrT6ukM&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  6. That link didn't come up for me - who is it by?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like her too... My wife and I hope to head to Cornwall on our own holidays this summer - any absolute must see tips?

    ReplyDelete