Saturday, June 19, 2010

I hope the village was watching the world cup and not me.

3 miles this evening - the village route. I felt very heavy legged after last Thursday's run with Conor, when I pushed up the hills of Seanféistín at relative pace. As a result, I was embarrassingly slow this evening. I'd say the residents of Pointe and Caorán Beag were bent over with the mocking laughter as they looked out at me struggling up the road. What's worse, I met Conor on the way who told me that he ran a marathon this morning, when the day was really warm, and clocked 3.38.
If this weather keeps up we are definitely heading for the best Irish summer since the 80s. However, we did have lovely spells in June last year and the year before only for July and August to bring on a deluge.
Distance: 3miles
Route: Village variant.
Pace: Embarrassingly slow

No comments:

Post a Comment