Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Out too fast.

I made the classic rookie mistake of thinking I was fitter than I am, and also thinking that I could run faster in this heat than I can on a normal Irish day. I blame Juneathon - which can fill you with false hope and dash it in the one day. My five mile route was the usual village run - wherein I run down to the pier first and then turn up towards the metropolis of An Cheathrú Rua, then as far as Tí Josie and down again - a measured fiver. I decided to take the hills with some pace (when I say hills, of course I mean slight inclines). By the time I had finished with Ard na Bleaistéirí (a notorious incline) I was pooped. Gone out too fast! Still, I trotted the rest at a decent pace and was only delighted to see home.
Distance: 5
Route: To the village.
Pace: Way too fast in this heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment