Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 1 of Juneathon... 5 miles.


June is back, and so is Juneathon, that weird and wonderful jogger/blogger marathon when we sign up to run or exercise every day and blog about it, every day!  I muddled through last year with some, well plenty, sit-up days, but this year I am determined to run a bit more if I can!  I had my heart set on a run in the neighbouring village of Spiddal today with the rest of the Trísport club but had to come home and attend to some house fixing work due to the imminent arrival of 15 young teenagers on Monday (for the first of three summer camp courses for which we are a host houses!).  With my Spiddal plan scuppered I decided to do my usual up and down the road run.  The legs were weary enough for the last mile or two, but generally I did ok, for the first day that is!  Good luck to all other Juneathoners... let the games begin!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to do the Juneathon, it would be a real incentive to get off my backside every day and concentrate on my fitness. Unfortunately I'm always away from my computer for a couple of weeks in June so can't Blog about it each day as required.
    Anyhow, good luck with it Breandán.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm giving it a miss this year. It's not the running that's hard, it's all the blogging!

    ReplyDelete