Monday, June 20, 2011

Wild Garlic.


We've been living here for three years now, in a beautiful and rugged spot by the sea.  Many years ago my father turned the boggy ground around where my house now stands to make potato beds - not an easy job in Conamara, for if you're not sinking into wet bogland or marsh then your hitting hard rock - and there's plenty of that, believe me!  What's also plentiful around here is wild garlic - standing tall and proud amidst the briar and heather.  I can't claim to be any great nature boy - it took a visit from my cousin Míchéal to point this majestic wild plant out.  Truth be told, I'm not wild about garlic, but I may just be wild about wild garlic - at least the look of it!  Exercise wise:  a paltry mile...

1 comment:

  1. Beidh tú cosúil le Martin's mad abut fish - The garlic's mad about Brendan and Brendan's mad about it.

    ReplyDelete