Thursday, June 9, 2011

5 Miles.

This scraggily beauty marks the entrance to our  home in wild and windy Conamara...
Out the road at 7pm, down towards the lighthouse and back up again.  Not a mile gone when the heavens open and I'm being lashed - punished for past sins, or sins of a past life or just punished.  Or am I being treated to nature's greatest cleanse?  While the world inside four walls can look out with dread at June rain, the runner is quick to adjust, and even delight in it.  All day long I felt sluggish, but all of a sudden I'm revived, galloping up Ard na Bleaistéirí, past my mother's house, nearing the top of the hill at Connolly's and still stretching the legs.  By the time I got as far as Matt Tom's I was ready for London 2012.  My intention was to go out for 3, but I ended up stretching it to 5.  And I loved every minute!

1 comment:

  1. Loving every minute is the only way to do it!

    Great post, a little gem, thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete