Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Salthill Intervals.

Given the hardship (some brought on by myself) of the past few runs, I can honestly say that today's interval session was a breeze.  It called for a 10 min warm up, followed by 2mins fast by 5 times, with 2 mins easy in between.  I decided to run this on the famous Salthill promenade, amid all the walkers, skaters, strollers and of course, fellow runners!  
The day was autumn at it's finest - crisp and clear, and with the promise of mince pie weather when all the work of the busy season finishes.  I am close now to the peak of my marathon training programme... there's the small matter of a nine miler on Thursday, followed by a 20 miler this weekend.  Then, it's taper down all the way...
Distance:  Intervals, 40 minutes fast and slow
Route:  Beautiful Salthill
Satisfaction:  9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment