Thursday, September 30, 2010

8 mile tempo.

On my way out the Seanadh Phéistín road, a strange looking gull held up the car with an arrogant, imperious, mid-road walk!  I was kicking myself that I didn't bring my digital camera - for this was a moment to catch!  Another moment occurred at the end of the run - having returned to the car there were four beautiful Connemara ponies standing elegantly on the bog (I'm sure they were the same horses pictured above, a few months ago).  One of them approached the car after I had sat in, so I rolled down the driver's window and fed him two pears - he was actually poking his lovely white head in through the window!  In between all this there was the run:  I started off downhill, and at a pace that I just couldn't maintain.  Still, the pace throughout was brisk enough, with the exception of a stretch between miles 3-4 when I developed a slight stitch after my ridiculously quick start!  I recovered from this though and finished the run well enough.  Next up, an intimidating 20 miler!
Distance:  8 miles
Pace:  Tempo, sometimes low 8s, sometimes low 9s...
Satisfaction:  6/10

1 comment:

  1. I'm a bit like you Breandán. I never seem to have my camera (or binoculars) with me when I really need them!
    Good luck with the 20 miler. Take it easy at a pace you can maintain. It's time on your feet that matters, not speed. Get that over and you've cracked it.

    ReplyDelete