Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Intervals in the Claddagh.

View of the Long Walk from The Claddagh.
The Claddagh is the most famous old spot in Galway City.  It stood for centuries as a community of thatched houses facing out over Galway Bay and the wild Atlantic ocean, just outside the medieval walls of Galway.  This was a native Gaelic fishing village beside an Anglo Norman merchant town.  The thatched houses are long gone, but Galway Bay and the Atlantic ocean are still there! The football pitches at South Park were the perfect spot to get back to my interval training...  
Hardy old daisies standing up to the might Atlantic!

Today called for: 1k, 2k, 1k, 1k - at tempo pace, with 400m rest interval in between.  This was my first interval run for some time so I felt it tough enough.  I decided to face it down bit by bit, telling myself that 'If I get through the next 1k I'll think about stopping', and then 'If I can managed to do two more laps, I'll have earned the right to stop'... but knowing deep down that I woudn't quit.  It was tough for sure, but I got through it and I'm still alive!  Next up is my 9 mile tempo run on Friday.  Looking forward to it...!
Distance:  Intervals, 5k
Route:  South Park, Claddagh
Satisfaction:  5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment