Friday, September 10, 2010

A bit of a set back...

I'm not going to be too tough on myself but this evening was a definite set back... I had to run 9 miles at tempo pace according to the furman programme, but ended up only running 5 (and actually walking a small bit of that).  No real excuses, simply that the body sent out a strong message that I should cut it some slack and take a bit of a rest.  Hope to be hopping fit again for Sunday's long run, after all, there's only four weeks left before the taper starts for the Dublin marathon...

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's just better to say sod it and start again another day. Some runs were just not meant to be but I usually find that after a crap one, the next one feels so much better. Oh and try this, once, when running home from work (3 miles) I gave up and got on a bus that was moving slower than walking pace due to traffic after only one mile because it just wasn't happening. It happens to us all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that - it's good to hear that it happens to everyone every once and awhile. There's no traffic around here to slow up any bus (no buses either though!).

    ReplyDelete