Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pint 15, Interval Training and Ladies Gaelic Football...

I managed to get up to the football pitch a little earlier than usual yesterday so the lads weren't there training.  However, I wasn't alone, as the local ladies Gaelic team were being put through their paces by legendary ex Galway footballer and local publican, Aodán.  Like women's soccer in the USA, Ladies Gaelic Football is now the fastest growing sport in Ireland.  The skill level was very high amongst a young enough team so the future is bright for An Cheathrú Rua's female team for sure.  I didn't want to take a picture of the team training, (for fear of being accused of perversion!), so I waited until I could get the view of the football pitch from down our own road!
My interval run consisted of a mile of easy running followed by 1k hard five times, with a 400 mtr rest interval in between.  To finish I had to run another mile easy.  I found it tough enough and was very glad to have been able to finish the last few laps of the hard bit!
On the pints front:  I had my fifteenth up in Churchtown in County Louth on Sunday afternoon for Brian's funeral.  It was a good send off for the man - one of those rare funerals with a happy atmosphere.

1 comment:

  1. That's a really hard session Breandán which sure makes me glad I've got past running marathons!
    Found out yesterday a girl from my club, Longwood Harriers, is running the Dublin marathon. She ran London in about 3.49 but hoping for nearer 3.30 in Dublin.

    ReplyDelete