Friday, August 6, 2010

If you don't want to go out there, just make yourself regardless.

There he is, Robbie the dog, after a hard day's work building a traditional Connemara stone wall.  The fields around this area are a patchwork quilt of rocky and heathery ground, all sown together by these granite stone walls.  Most of these walls are hundreds of years old and divide the land into small sections that would have been owned by different members of the one family.  Today's pic, however, hasn't a thing to do with my run.  I did bring the camera out with me and took what I thought were decent snaps, only to find that I had no card in the camera.  So this pic of Robbie, our canine visitor from weeks ago, is simply to say that our furry friend actually found his way back to our house again yesterday... this time around, I had the owners' number and he promptly came to collect.  My scheduled run was a six miler, with two miles easy and four miles tempo sandwiched between. It was raining cats and dogs (not Robbie) before I went out, so that, coupled with a late night (not drinking, just watching a film until 1.30am) and an early morning (6.15am) meant that I was in NO mood for a run this evening.  But getting out there always works wonders.  I felt pretty good after the warm-up mile and kept my four mile tempo at a good pace.  The route was up the village and back towards Loch an Mhuillinn.  Funnily enough the torrential rain stayed away for the duration of my run, though I wouldn't have minded once I warmed up a bit.  
Distance:  6 miles (4 at tempo)
Pace:  Not bad at all
Route:  Village, and Loch an Mhuillinn
Satisfaction:  8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment