Monday, August 23, 2010

14 Miles and 17 Pints.




From here to Béal an Daingin (the mouth of the Daingean) with a strong wind in my face and the ever present threat of rainstorms, whilst feeling a little tired on the heels of two big family parties.  It all seemed a little daunting this morning, but one does what one must, and all that carry on.  I took it nice and easy - about a 9.40 minute pace, and plodded onwards to complete the longest run of my furman programme so far.  14 miles, and not one of them kind.  I'm still on my holidays - and will be until September 7th, but we are 'staycationing' this year, which means dividing our time between Connemara and my wife's home county of Louth.  On Friday night D and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary on the same day that her father and mother were celebrating their 40th.  So we had a big party.     


Saturday's party was a fancy dress, so no, I don't normally wear flashy red shirts and hats.  And yes, it is hard to say what I'm dressed up as, but it's meant to be a 70s theme.  The lovely D is, however, clearly making less of an effort!
Then on Saturday my brother celebrated his 40th birthday, so we drove back home to Connemara, where we had another big party!  I managed to stay away from all the liquer that was being thrown around at these two occasions, but I did drink two pints in Stabannan on Thursday night with Aidie and Benny.  So the tally for the year is 17 and counting!

Distance:  14 miles
Route:  From home to Béal an Daingin
Satisfaction:  6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment