Sunday, August 15, 2010

13.

There's Conor, often mentioned but first time pictured in this blog of mine.  While I'm going on about doing a marathon in October, this man is running one nearly every week!  By the end of this year he will have clocked up 37 or 38 and aims to get a full 100 done over the next few years!  We set off on a 13 mile run of Seanféistín this morning, on what was a beautiful day - and the first of my holidays.  I was not in good knick.  For starters I only had about 4.5 hours sleep due to the fact that the group of teenage boys who have been staying in our house for the past three weeks (learning Irish), were not home until late, at which time I had to feed them and make sure they eventually got to bed, and then they were to be woken up again just after 6am to catch an early bus.  The first half of the run was fine - I felt a bit weary but ok.  The conversation was good and the weather was warm.  Conor ran two miles further than I did - running a mile past my turning point and still catching me on the way back!  The day got pretty hot as we were entering the last five miles and I began to gasp for water.  Being a man of fair complexion, I can find any bit of heat to be tough.  I struggled on and finished with an average of about 9.30min.  Just ok.
Distance:  13miles
Route:  Seanféistín with Conor
Satisfaction:  5(I was suffering too much to go wild about this one!

2 comments:

  1. The fact that Conor can stand in the middle of the road and pose for a photo says a lot. Sound track to Talking Heads we're on a road to nowhere playing in background. Can you run down the middle of the road if you want looks that way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely - there is hardly ever any traffic!

    ReplyDelete