Monday, August 30, 2010

12 miles, and the end of the Louth holiday.

Two lovely weeks in Louth have come to an end, so we're back home in Connemara.  While poor wifey has to go back to work tomorrow, I still have a week's holiday left (which will be spent working on the bog to bring the turf/peat home!).  While Louth was a lovely break, my running programme suffered a small bit.  I kept up the long runs but the interval sessions were dropped and the tempo sessions were reduced.  Holidays can drag you this way and that so it was difficult to commit to 'personal time'.  However, I did get out for a twelve mile run yesterday morning - heading from Stabannan to Louth Village.  It was a decent route, six miles straight in one direction and then turning back for home.  The scenery was beautiful and the day was clear - but with a slight wind that I had to face into on the way out.  Added to the wind on the way out was the ever so slight incline that seemed to run the entire way, with only a slight give here and there.  Of course this meant that I had the wind at my back and a slow downhill all the way home!
The picture here is of Knockabbey Gardens - a lovely open garden on the grounds of Knockabbey Castle, just outside Louth village.  The castle itself dates back to the 13th century, and many of the families that lived there since have added to the wonderful garden.  I called in here on Friday and met the owner briefly.  It's a lovely place and a great way to knock out an hour or so.
Distance:  12miles
Pace:  9.30mins
Satisfaction 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment