Sunday, July 24, 2011

Run A Month Club: VICTORY!!!!

Victory in Cuigéal 5mile Run!  Kevin came third - so a great result for the 'Run a  Month Club'!

Well, well, well... just when we were in danger of running out of racing opportunities to fulfill our July commitment to the run-a-month club, up pops a race that I actually win!  And Kevin came third - two O Hara boys in the top three!  Yes, the Cuigéal 5mile Race may have been low on competitors but a win is a win!  It was an extremely tough race - flat for the first mile and full of hills from then on!  I found myself out in front from about the two mile mark and extended my lead between that and mile 3.  Then, however, I became a paranoid android - wondering how far behind me my nearest competitor was!  This paranoia pushed me to produce my quickest run for some time - I attacked all the hills with gusto and really felt knackered on the home stretch... it was lovely to come in 1st and great to see Kevin come third.  Well done to everyone involved in organising this race - I'll be back next year to defend the title!  On another matter:  I brought the bike for a test cycle today, just an hour and a half... I know now that I'll need to do a fair bit of bike training before I can cycle across Ireland... 3 weeks to the deadline!

3 comments:

  1. Fair play to the two of ye!! You've come a long way from trying to trip the guy who was second last in Loughrea 20 years ago. Beidh sibh mar rogha na coitiantachta anois don Ger Kearney memorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the win, and placing third. Huge effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the win and best of luck with the cycle. Hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete