Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cut Down in the Prime of My Running Summer.

To those many thousands of you who have wondered this past week 'where has the Connemara Bullet gone?', I say this:  fear not, I have not retired, or died, or gone to prison for grand theft and larceny, or run off with another woman for a simpler life in the Faroe Islands... plainly and simply, I have been cut down in the prime of my running summer, by a achy summer flu/cold (insert appropriate term depending on sex - male: flu, female: cold).  I've had this nasty yoke for the past four days now and feel it's finally clearing, though I'll stay away from running until Monday at least.  So ends the Connemara Bullet-in.

3 comments:

  1. Commiserations, it's not nice when you can't run!
    Trust you're back again now though, churning out the miles ready for the next race, and another PB?

    ReplyDelete