Friday, July 8, 2011

3 Miles Wednesday, 5 Miles Today...

'An tOileáinín' (the little island) - my grandfather had seaweed rights on this  Atlantean paradise!

I ran but didn't blog on Wednesday - nothing too hectic, just a three mile jaunt up and down the road.  I stretched the same route to 5 miles today and felt strong enough.  At the bottom of the road, just before the turn, I could get a clear view of the little island just off the shore at Pointe.  The tide was out so far that you could walk to this island - as I'm told my grandfather did in days of yore to gather seaweed.  In them days every house had seaweed rights along the shore and our's would have been on the little island.  How times have changed!  I decided to run the hills hard this evening - a sure sign that the pace of training is picking up a bit!  Felt good, probably looked awful!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy to see that you're doing a good training Breandán!
    I would like to go swimming around that beautiful island :)
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep on it regardless of how it looks. let us know when you can walk to that Island...and return to the days o yore!

    ReplyDelete