Wednesday, July 20, 2011

And Just Like That...

Blue sky day for the prodigal son...

as if nothing had ever happened.  As if no void had ever existed, no gap to close, no long pause to reset... As if nothing... the road arises to forgive it's prodigal son.  'You've been away, but I'm glad you're back... run on, I'll keep wind and rain away and I'll clear your lungs and rattle the rust out of your chest... go on, run five miles easy'.  And so I did... out the door, down towards the lighthouse, turning towards the village... I hoped for three miles, but soon settled in to five.  It was fantastic to be back, after over a week off - first through work, then flu, then work again.  Running into all kinds of excuses, I could have dodged this evening's run, 'not yet right, still tired, another evening's rest, working too late...'  But God spared me sense and up I got.  Loved every minute.

2 comments:

  1. I hate flu in summer time :(
    That's good that you came back running and enjoyed it! Now you're more motivated and can be sure you'll increase your mileage and your strenght soon!

    Nice photo of that beach!
    Have nice runs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brendan, you, like Lance Armstrong, proved that exertion is more mental than physical. Except you did it in 5 miles. It took Lance 7 Tour de France. This logically must mean you're more of an athlete. So...

    ReplyDelete