Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Good Week!

The Run a Month Club from our April Days... Kevin (Centre) and I cycled a fair distance today, in training for our cross-Ireland cycling adventure...!

Today I was accompanied by brother Kevin on a 50kish cycle (I need to consult google maps for an exact km figure) from Pointe to Leitir Mealláin and back, for what was the end of a great week of training.  Yesterday I went off to Seanféistín for an 11 mile run all by my lonesome on a windy and rainy July afternoon (do we get any other kind of day around here!).  I felt great during yesterday's run - I took it at a steady pace, around 8.30mins, but never felt weak.  This has been my best week of training for some time - including intervals on Tuesday, a tough tempo on Wednesday, a long cycle on Thursday and another today.  I'm beginning to get in good shape again - thank God!  Today's cycle had the dual effect of being A) a good bit of cross training and B) a major psychological plus as we head into the two week countdown for our cross-Ireland cycling adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so you're into biking as well as 11 mile runs? You're getting to be a real fitness freak!
    Good luck with your cross-Ireland adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Runningfox... I've been good lately but it's up and down as you know... I'm looking forward to the cross country cycle - a notion I took to collect money for charity and test myself (I rarely ever cycle!)...

    ReplyDelete