Thursday, July 22, 2010

Up the hill and dog is gone.

Five miles with a solid tempo throughout was the task this evening. I thought I'd slack off the pace at some point but was delighted to find that I could stay with it all the way.  I'm beginning to feel a definite upward surge in my fitness level, which I'm delighted about!  The pic I added is of Ard na Bleaistéirí (Gaelic for the height of the blasters!).  This is a short, sharp hill, which used to be the bane of our lives as young fellas who would have to carry buckets of water from the spring below the hill up to our house at the top!  The other big news of the day is that Robbie, the dog who had befriended our house and become part of the clan for the past month, was claimed by his rightful owner.  So no more running partner Robbie!  I'm sure the poor fella is delighted not to have to run those 11 milers any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment