Sunday, July 18, 2010

Eleven.


Today (Sunday) was my long run day this week.  11 miles in Seanféistín.  Conditions were perfect, dry and calm. I drove 5.5 miles and dropped my car at a lovely spot overlooking some lakes and mountains, then ran towards the cross and back again.  I brought Robbie with me today... by cripes dogs are fit.  I think he was getting a little dehydrated by the end of the run however, as he was darting off the road every now and then and licking some water from the bog streams.  
Being a long run, this was meant to be done at a pace that was 45 seconds slower than my predicted marathon pace.  Since I hope to nip in just under the four hour mark for the Dublin marathon, I would have to run flat nine minute milers.   This evening's run was probably a little bit faster than that (still have to get watch or garmin!). Feeling tired but good now.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, the marathon training sounds to be going pretty well, eleven miles at less than nine minute mile pace. That's quicker than I'm running at present. I'm not sure Robbie enjoys it as much as you though!
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks but I'm not actually doing as well as that sounds - I wrote that in a confusing way! What I meant was that I had to run that 11 miler 45 seconds slower than my marathon aim of flat 9 minutes...but that I ran faster than 9.45, not 9mins!

    ReplyDelete