Thursday, July 8, 2010

Not a Good Look For Me...

Being the unorganised eejit that I am, I rushed from work to meet Conor at the Cross at Seanféistín for a five mile tempo run, when I discovered that I had brought no running shoes.  And a man can't run in a pair of black slip-ons.  Conor was under time pressure so he had a good laugh at me at headed off on his run while I went home to put my feet into asics.  Being back at home I decided to do my tempo run through the village route.  One mile easy, three miles at slightly slower than 10k race pace and last mile easy.

Robbie, the dog who has been hanging around the house for the past few weeks (and may become a member of the family if not claimed by some tearful child), took Conor's place as my running partner for the evening!  I really should invest in a watch or garmin, because I have no clue whatsoever what pace I run.  I should have been running the tempo miles at around 8.10, but all I know is that I ran at a faster pace than I'm used to - and felt strong enough.  So far I'm enjoying the variation of the furman programme (I know it's early days...).  Next up is a ten miler on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment