Sunday, July 4, 2010

Furman Marathon Training Programme.

Energised by yesterday's long run I've decided to start my marathon training for Dublin (October 25th) in earnest next week.  The marathon training I aim to follow is the Furman, three day a week 'First Marathon Programme'.  Rónán has been following a furman programme for some time and it hasn't done him any harm!  Seeing as I am a little late starting the progamme I will take yesterday's nine miler with Conor to mean that I can step straight into week three next week... On a by the by, just added a nice pic here of Monasterboice, in County Louth - where D (there she is in the pic) and I went for a stroll a few weeks ago.  The Round Tower was built by monks in the 12th century, supposedly to keep themselves safe from viking raiders looking for their loot!

2 comments:

  1. After a Juneathon I think you can skip the first couple of weeks of your marathon programme without any problems.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete