Monday, July 26, 2010

Twelve.

I started this twelve mile run at the most strangely situated art gallery in the entire world.  Fermoyle House was once the domain of a wealthy English landlord, who delighted in the beautiful isolation of Seanféistín.  The place is truly spectacular, surrounded by lakes and mountains, but it lacks what you would think is required for a successful art gallery - passing trade!  This week's long run brought me six miles from the cross at Ros an Mhíl, parking the car at the art gallery and then running over to the cross and back.  I can't say that there was any spring in my step but I ran at 9.30ish pace, which is on target according to my furman training programme.  I felt a bit of a strain going up hill 3, which stretches a good 700 metres long, but at least there is a mile and half of flat running from there to the end.  Next week is a slight step back (ten mile long run!) so I'm delighted to get to this point on track.
Distance:  12miles
Pace:  9.30
Route:  Seanféistín
Satisfaction: 7/10

2 comments:

  1. Nice picture Breandán and my sort of wild running country too. It makes training all the more pleasurable. You sound to be running well, on course and according to plan. Oh, and a bit ahead of me at twelve miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm on a good streak alright and really enjoying my running these days. I do my long runs on that road called Séanféistín, where it is virtually isolated for a twenty mile stretch - so I can park anywhere along the route and enjoy different scenery every day. I certainly like the way your own routes look - Connemara and Yorkshire are more similar than I thought!

    ReplyDelete