Tuesday, November 1, 2011

4 Miles in Galway, 7 in Louth

The Waterford Half Marathon grows ever nearer - only 6 weeks to go now and I'm at least recovering from my recent wobble!  On Friday I trotted a decent four miler along the Salthill prom and out as far as Knocknacarra Cross.  No problems there!  The weekend brought me to County Louth where D and I supported the wonderful Stabannon Ladies Football team as they won a very hard fought Leinster title.  Inspired by their great achievement and that of Máirín who was completing her very first marathon in Dublin on that day (fond memories of last year), I went out for a 7 mile run on Sunday and was accompanied by Benny for the most part.  It's always better to run with company, and especially good to run in Benny's company.    So now:  I hope to get a few good runs in this week, starting tomorrow, and culminating at some stage with a 13 miler.  Yes I can?

No comments:

Post a Comment