Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Night Run.

The rarest of combinations:  Big Ron, Con Job and I, at night in Seanadh Phéistín.  This was my first excursion into the great mystery that is night running.  I can't say I enjoyed the experience wholeheartedly... truth is, I felt it a bit disorientating.  The little head lights provide good light, but only for the very immediate road ahead - which leaves you with the feeling of running in tunnel.  Hills seem to go on for miles at night and there is a general sense of disorientation.  Having stated all the negatives, I should mention the positives - and they are there in spades.  For starters, it beats the heck out of running on a treadmill.  Secondly, it's always good to run in good company and Big Ron and Con Job provided that in spades and lastly, the night air was fantastic.  I'm also pretty sure that I'll get used of this (and will have to if Ron and Con are to be taken at their word regarding another run next week). In all, we ran 5 miles, varying from 7.30min - 8min miles.  Ron and Con ran the last mile under 6mins.  Needless to say, I was left behind!

2 comments: