Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Night Run Mark II

Following last week's debut night run in Seanadh Phéistín, I took to the old road again tonight - once more accompanied by Conor but without Big Ron.  Conor had his trusty head torch and it was enough to guide us along that most lonely of roads.  Tonight's run didn't set the world alight from a pace point of view - five miles in all, varying from a 9min mile start to a respectable last 7.30min miles. I found this night's run a good deal easier than last week's - okay the night was brighter, but there's no doubt I was taken by surprise last week and felt less disorientated by night running tonight.  Trouble is though:  I neglected every night since last week AND EVERY DAY TOO!  So it's time I copped on to some serious training...

2 comments:

  1. I think that is a sneaky way to go about a half marathon, coming in fresh is not a bad thing either, if you can manage a 10 miler or two before hand, you'll be flying it Ger!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Breandán, You'll do your serious training as soon as you are motivated. You have time!

    I'm compelled to run in the dark three times a week because I finish work late.

    ReplyDelete