Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Decent Five Miler Around Gleann Mór.

Tí Chóil an tSappar at the turn to Gleann Mór...

Out the house and down to the pier... then up again and around Gleann Mór.  Gleann Mór is Gaelic for 'the Big Glen' and a big glen it is - at least in one spot!  This was a nice run on a lovely evening - the only mistake I made was to leave it a little late before going out, as it became quite dark for the last twenty minutes (and I didn't have my flash light friends to guide me around!).  I reckon I ran it all at around an 8.10min pace - which was not too bad for me!  The run definitely kicked off a few cobwebs.  On the sporting world front:  our soccer boys beat Estonia by four goals last night, thus ensuring their safe qualification for next summer's Euro tournament (although there is another leg to go, but surely 4-0 is a safe advantage to bring home...).  Crack open the polish beer...!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful place to run!

    Congrats to Trapattoni's Irish
    men who have got their best possible chance to reach EURO 2012 finals :) Great job of Robbie Keane!

    ReplyDelete