Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Full of Beans After Last Night's Repeats.

I sprung out of bed this morning at 6am .  Surprisingly I was full of energy, something I didn't expect following yesterday evening's interval training session.  What was required of me was 6 by 800m repeats at 3/4 pace, with the obligatory warm up and down.  This was my first session of interval training since early August, so I didn't know how I'd react.  After the second 800m set I nearly collapsed, put my hands on my knees, gasped for air as my chest contracted, and thought I would drop dead there and then on the football pitches of South Park!  And what a place to cork it -  with the sun shining on Galway Bay, boys playing hurling, women out walking and jogging and life whizzing all around me... and there, in the middle of it all, am I - having a collapse!  I recovered enough to run the third set of 800s at a slightly (ok, significantly) slower pace.  And then the fourth set, fifth set and finally sixth set of 800s - hey presto, job done!   A hell of a tough workout.  And the effect of it all:  I sprung out of bed at 6am this morning, went for a walk, cleaned the kitchend and am full of beans and ready for work!

1 comment: