Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Back on the Bike...

It wasn't a long cycle, but it was great to be back on the bike this evening for the first time since my epic Conamara-Louth trek earlier this summer.  All I had to spare was about 40 minutes so I hared up the road, over to Dóilín strand and around the peninsula... I was finished in 35minutes with only around 7.5 miles done, but it genuinely felt great to be ploughing through the air at the pace of a racing bike.  It also brought me back to those heady days of August when I roamed free and easy through the Irish countryside on my own little odyssey.  There's a spring in my autumn step at last!

1 comment:

  1. I reckon cycling is the best form of cross training any runner can do - for those who like it. I know several very good runners who incorporate cycling into their training. Sounds like you're becoming another!

    ReplyDelete