Thursday, September 1, 2011

4 Miles at a Stretch.


I don't know what's in the water these past few weeks but following a bit of a tummy bug last week I still haven't been 100%.  I thought my Breaffy 10k on Sunday last would put an end to the lethargy but once again, this week, I was more inclined to rest than run.  However, a man has to push on at some time... so I drove to Seanféistín today for a 4/5 or 6 miler - depending on form.  Well inside the first mile I had resigned myself to completing the shorter distance.  My legs were almost wobbly weak!  The first two miles of the Seanféistín stretch is basically a slow incline, so it didn't help much!  However, I stuck with the task and completed the distance - this run should help me along my road to full running... HOPEFULLY!

4 comments:

  1. Yours is not a physical exhaustion my friend, but a mental one brought on by physical endeavour. Complete two week rest will sort you out. Dr Pilib

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Dr. Pilib. If I were you, I'd rest for at least a week without any running or exercise and then gradually get back to it. Plenty of spuds and red meat as well, you'll be flying it then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way Dr. Pilib, are you a medical doctor or a doctor of Theology?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a doctor of codology. No rest needed here, only zest.

    ReplyDelete