Monday, September 19, 2011

7.5 Miles.

My 'Dóilín' run - the Dóilín is the coral beach which lies on the other side of the peninsula...

My work roster gave me a free day today and I used it productively, thank God!  Apart from tidying the house a bit the number one thing on my agenda was to get out and run... These past few weeks have been very stop start and I've been in dire need of a mid range run to boost confidence and get back on course for my half marathon training.  So I decided to do the Dóilín route - a handy local run that amounts to 7.5 miles.  Today's weather was absolutely beautiful (if you're a runner), and absolutely miserable (if not).  Yes, drizzle, and lots of it...  The trick with drizzle is that you have to get out and get warmed up asap, preferably during a dry patch.  Once warmed up the constancy of drizzle is akin to being in a jacuzzi - lovely and refreshing, and very, very wet!  My pace today wasn't too fast but I felt good throughout and this will do wonders for my resolve to eat well and train well for the next few weeks and months.  A word on the weekend's sporting action:  great win for Ireland against Australia in the Ruby World Cup - I think they can make semis now, and good to see Dublin win an All Ireland footbal final at last (but I hope it doesn't become a habitual thing!).

3 comments:

  1. Cén taobh a imíonn tú? Ní mórán deiseanna a bhíonn agam ritheacht timpeall an Ceathrú Rua ach sa trathnóna ar an aimsir seo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dóilín is a wonderful place to run! Thanks for sharing that photo!
    You had a good 7.5 miles training, Breandán, although your pace wasn't too fast! The most important thing is that you enjoyed it and felt good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like reading a guest post from Dr Aidan Nulty...ach ag magu! Nár laga Dia thu!

    ReplyDelete