Monday, September 12, 2011

3 Miles Salthill, 5 Miles An Cheathrú Rua


I thought I was a brave and hardy soul venturing out into the tail end of hurricane Katia for a five mile run yesterday morning, until I was firmly put in my place by Big Ron.  Startled by a passing car going 'beep beep' as I passed through the village - I hopped on to the path, and viewed Big Ron as he whizzed by with an upward thumb extending through the car's front window and a racing bike on the back rack.  Last week's ironman was on his way to compete, and ultimately finish in the top 15 of the Loughrea Triathlon!  I could barely fight the winds on a short route, not mind struggle with rough water and a light bike! Congrats to the big man, but I really am babystepping my way back to form.  On Friday I jogged three miles on the Salthill prom, so a five miler shows some improvement.  Whatever summer cold I picked up after my big cycle is taking ages to evacuate the system (man flu my wife would say).  I need to start looking for a September run for the 'Run-a-month' club... onwards, brave soldier!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the dreaded man flu, well done you for fighting it and showing it who's boss on your rain-lashed runs.
    As regards your question on my Blog the answer is 'No, we never had a dram although we were camped only 250 yds away from the Arran Distillery. But we made up for it when we got home'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Ron shows how great I could be as a runner if I could only talk less about my running and start running more. And I respect him for that..

    ReplyDelete