Monday, May 31, 2010

Six and a half

You really know that you have returned to full training when you have to duck into a field of corn, hundreds of miles from home, just to relieve yourself. And there, hunkered down and praying that a rat doesn't emerge to bite you on the backside, or that the farmer doesn't come to check his crop, it is easy to see how running becomes the most primal of all our activities. Yes, six and a half miles at least (no garmin or mile measuring device here I'm afraid), of sheer country running up in my wife's home county of Louth brought nothing but a feeling of loose freedom. This weekend I also drank pints number 13 and 14 of the year, with Aidie in the Cross Bar. This was a bit naughtier than usual because I am supposed to be on a strict Liver Cleanse from the Wholistic Clinic but the occasion called for it and my schedule can take the change.
I'm looking forward now to a summer of hearty running and good holistic living! I'll sign up to the Dublin Marathon any day now - once the committment is made there is no turning back!

No comments:

Post a Comment