Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Run, Acupuncture and Drinking Silage

Before telling all about my 4mile run this evening, I need to come clean about something:
A week ago, in a last ditch effort to rid myself of this bug/lethargy, I took a friend's advice and went to a Wholistic Clinic. I walked in looking for a quick acupuncture cure and walked out as a signed up member of the Wholistic Community. This means: no tea, no coffee, no bread, no salt, no milk, no sauces of any kind and no sweets or ice cream! Worse than that it means consuming all manner of horrible drinks from flax oil to a synergy drink that I can only describe as mixing silage with water. Apparently my liver needs serious cleansing, as do my kidneys and my spleen and... I have basically been abusing these poor fellas for the past number of years and now they are finally having their own back by refusing to do their work. The UOB (Union of Organs Bhreandáin) held an annual general meeting in my stomach a month ago and elected to go on strike, and there you have it - I started feeling very run down and my running suffered.
Actually, I was very impressed by the Wholistic approach. Rather than push a pill to solve a problem the clinician connected the dots between everything. For starters, she connected a sinus problem with my unclean liver and... after only a week my sinus is finus. We'll see how the rest of the programme goes but I'm certainly up to give it a go...
ANYWAY... I went for a nice four mile run today on the Galway prom, after work . The weather was glorious and the beach was packed with people who couldn't believe their luck. The weatherman says that rain is coming, somehow I don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment