Friday, May 21, 2010

Mackerel Fuel

Shoals of mackerel, sweet and healthy - hopping out of the water, begging to be caught by line and rod. And no better man to catch them than myself (this is not arrogance, actually there was no better man to catch them because I was entirely on my own!). Sea angling is the perfect mix of peace and excitement as you are being hypnotized by the constant lapping of the Atlantic against the rocks and then all of a sudden the tug of mackerel on the line gets the blood running! It's a bit early in the season so I had the rock entirely to myself - beautiful place in the best of time but tonight topped all. On running matters: I am aiming to do a four miler tomorrow or Sunday (jaysus the thought of doing a run every day in June for Juneathon is a tiny bit frightening now). Hopefully the mackerel will act as running fuel?

4 comments:

  1. Glad the thought of running everyday is frightening...in practice it's probably worse, but the blogging time (reading and writing!) is the true test of endurance! And only properly broken bodies are an excuse for slacking, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read about your own set back - that's an awful pity, but I can see it won't stop your Juneathon, so fair play to you for that! I'm looking forward to the challenge - it should be a good bit of crack as we say! (Crack is not an illegal substance around here!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just by chance stumbled upon the Juneathon and signed up to give me another distraction from watching the world cup.

    I saw your youtube video and earlier posts and I just don't know how you are sticking to 24 pints when you are constantly surrounded by temptation and good guinness.

    Good luck to you and when does the book come out !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks buryblue... Good idea for the book - maybe Guinness will sponsor it! Just had a look at your own site - it's great, well done and hope you don't mind that I stuck my name down to follow your progress...

    ReplyDelete