Sunday, May 16, 2010

Clarinbridge 8k

Stop the press: SICK BOY MAKES SLOW COMEBACK IN CLARINBRIDGE!
I may not have slept with several hundred cocktail waitresses and I may not be the face of gillette razors but I too have made a comeback, and for Tiger's US Masters, read my: Clarinbridge 8k!
It was a perfect day for running - nice and bright, not too hot, not too cold, no rain and no wind! The run started on the grounds of an old Irish 'big house', set in the middle of a wooded area. For me this was all about getting a 'run in'... there will be plenty more days for PBs! Speaking of PBs - I travelled down with Rónán who did this 8k in a ridiculous time of 31minutes! He was out of sight before we even left the woods to get on to the road part of the run.
Basically, the route started with a trek through the woods, followed by a few kms of road, and then back into the woods again for the last three or four kms. The course wasn't difficult - no major uphills, but the wooded part was rough under foot which evened out some of the easiness of it.
I deliberately, ran within myself because I was wary of my lack of training over the past five weeks, and the fact that I was getting back after shaking off a bug... however, that's not to say that I didn't feel the burn for the last 2kms, but nothing major. I finished in 43.06mins, which will do me nicely.
Really enjoyed it all and big thanks to Máirín, Rónán, Marcus and Cóil for the day out!

No comments:

Post a Comment