Monday, March 1, 2010

Can the Snail Break 4 Hour Marathon?

I did a four mile run this evening, treadmill job but at a decent pace for me (8.30 on the treadmill is decent for me). I am definitely going for the Dublin City Marathon this year... I have already completed two marathons but they were slow enough (4hr38 for New York and Berlin in just over 5hours)... I also crossed the finish line in Florence (and not far off the elite athletes either) but truth being told I cheated that result...no, I'm not proud of it, but they should have known that a slightly fat and gingery haired Irish man was not up there with the Kenyans by playing fairly.
Anyway, after a few days of not feeling the best, I am now back to running. Immediate challenge is Craughwell, but I am turning my thoughts to training for the Dublin City Marathon... an 18 week programme should start in the Summer, with a possible record breaking marathon in the Autumn. It can be done...!

No comments:

Post a Comment