Friday, February 26, 2010

Hard to Beat the Bookie

A note on my 'bet of the week' column (on the right)... Up until now I rarely bet on anything but often thought it might be easy to win some small money on the English premiership... after all, if you go for Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal most weeks, you are bound to be on a winner? Well, much to my disappointment, this doesn't seem to be the case. For starters, I only bet a fiver ever week and will continue until my stake of €50 is reduced to zero (which will happen in ten weeks if my current form of nothing from three bets continues). To date, I have been let down by Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal. If you can't trust these boys, what hope is there! I am betting on trebles, meaning that I need all three predictions to come right before I win. So far, my best week has had one out of three correct. Poor. This week I am going for Wolves to win away at Bolton, Man City and Chelsea to draw and Stoke to draw at home to Arsenal. €443 if it comes through. I hold out no hope, as my initial optimism has been replaced by that age old adage - the bookie always wins.

2 comments:

  1. Villa to win at Hull will be a tall order, considering Hull are away to Everton. If Wolves win at Bolton, you should be given the 443 euro for that result alone. Arse Stoke draw probably a good result for both teams!
    Slán,
    Rónán

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mistake with Villa - I actually had Chelsea to draw with Man City (adjusted now!) I had originally chosen that Villa Hull game as it was down on the fixtures list from season's start... However, I can now say it is all immaterial as Man City beat Chelsea, Wolves did not beat Bolton and who cares about the gunners...

    ReplyDelete