Monday, February 15, 2010

Next Target: Craughwell

Here's a pic from the torturous Annacurra run - thank God they got me going downhill instead of up! My next official race is the Craughwell 10 mile on March 14th. Rónán recently put me on to a website called http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/ (a good man to take advice from seeing as he is breaking all records lately), which can tell you what time you should be aiming for upcoming runs, based on your best run to date. Accord to mcmillanrunning (based on my Tuam 8k time) I should now aim to bring the 10 miler home in around 1 hr 25. The only difficulty I have with this logic is that I was ready to pass out after my Tuam run and I doubt I could maintain that exertion for 10 miles... However, by the same token, I did slow up considerably on the second lap of the Tuam run so perhaps a more even pace can see me home in that target time. I have also scheduled my next pints for after Craughwell, or around that weekend, though I am tempted to leave those to accumulate for Easter weekend when we are expecting visitors from the wee county.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I've popped over from FitArtist to have a look. 24 pints?! I would have difficulty reaching that many in a year, never mind not going beyond! Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete