Sunday, February 21, 2010

Never Eat Sausages with a Louthman Before a 3 mile Run

The Wogans were in town this weekend. Carol, Benny and the kids treating us to some 'wee' company down here in the West. I decided to bring Benny and my spanking new runners out to Seanféistín this morning for a three miler but the fog was so heavy that we decided to have breakfast first. Big mistake. Sausages, eggs and mushrooms were consumed less than an hour before we set off running and thank God that it was a Sunday, or else the belch police would have the two of us locked up for a few years. Had it not been for my new runners there is no way that I would have kept up with Dunleer's greatest goalie but I managed to hang on and so we completed this run with whatever dignity we could muster. Benny has signed up for the Boyne Valley 10k on May 2nd... it may occasion a random pint.

No comments:

Post a Comment