Wednesday, March 10, 2010

No Great Run Up to Craughwell

My next official race is next Sunday - the Craughwell 10 miler, and as ever I am lamenting the lack of serious preparation. According to http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/ I am to aim for a time of 1hr 25mins if I am to stand a chance of clocking a sub 4hour marathon in Dublin come October...HOWEVER...I will not be overly pessimistic if I don't quite make that time for the following reasons:
1) I am too laid back to be pessimistic.
2) I am still long enough away from the marathon date to improve my time.
3) The target time is based on the time I ran in Tuam, which was a one-off, short, speed run as opposed to being based on a longer run and along normal 'form lines'.
Preparation this week has not been great; I ran an 8 miler on Sunday last and found that heavy going and the rest of the week has been runless so far ( I am workng late tonight so will probably only run tomorrow).
Now with all those excuses put out there I will finish this negative blog posting on a high note... if I run Craughwell in 1hr 25mins then that will be the fastest long run ever from the 24pintsman.

The picture is of Raftery's Bar in Craughwell, where I can technically have my third pint of the year, according to my drinks schedule... however, I am debating whether I should have it there, or leave it until St. Patrick's Day, or to even Easter time???

2 comments:

  1. I think have it there. You are doing great work.

    Aymoneen Valsson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen Galway City Marathon's website? They have 1 mile options for all speed merchants such as yourself Aymoneen...

    ReplyDelete