Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Diet?

I ran out to the tiny little island which only bears itself when the tide is very far out...

I may need to change my diet... and by diet, I mean:  cut down on sweets, chocolates, crisps, pizzas, bread and worst of all, wine and beer.  Yes, I have slipped dramatically since the heady days of 2010 when I strode through the year on a healthy diet of salads, fresh meat and fish and only 24 pints in the entire year!
It really can have a dramatic effect - this year I feel sluggish and slow and it's hard for me to get beyond a plodding 5 miler.  Thank God I did plod that amount today - up the village and down again in brilliant April sunshine.  
The little square cut holy well on the island...

Last week was a write-off thanks to a nasty bug that visited our house via Louth, but I did manage to get a few miles done on Friday.  I even managed to get out to the little island that bears itself to the world whenever the tide is very far out.  On it is a holy well (a square shape cut into the rock!).  Good to be alive on these days...

2 comments:

  1. Yes it's good to be alive, I like you have a problem when it comes to Diet!!! I drink to much and eat to much and I am always trying to be a little better... eat a little heathier, and drink a little less. That said I also run too much, so I can get away with most of what I eat.

    Good Luck you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! change your diet slowly, day after day.
    Since the first week of April I'm trying to keep my cholesterol levels lower: less butter, red meat, cheese and eggs. More fish, fruits, vegetables and legumes ... and of course a lot of runs :)

    Good luck on your new healthy habits, Brèndan!

    ReplyDelete