Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Buggin Me...

Heathery field on the way to Trá Pháidín.

I was about to declare that 'I am back', but then a bloody bug has cut the legs from under me and everyone else within touching distance!  Last week I completed a couple of five milers, as well as a three and four miler, and then, following young Murty's christening on Sunday morning I took to the roads of An Cheathrú Rua with Benny and Mary and brought them on a lovely run, down to the beach and then off track and across country until we connected with concrete and civilisation again!  It was a great run and I really felt like I was flying.
Then it happened...
Liam got sick, Cormac got sick, Caitriona got sick, Deirdre got sick, Sandra got sick, Eve got sick, Carol got sick, Andrew got sick... I kid you not.
I was the last one standing, but yesterday the bug hit me and drained every last bit of energy from my body!  
However, I'm not giving in... a day or two of rest and I'll be out on the roads again... I'm determined say 'I'm back' soon!

2 comments:

  1. I am also fighting a little cold, and it's been 10 days now, but I haven't stopped running. In fact running is the only time I can breath properly!

    Hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wadya mean 'heathery field'? Looks like gorse to me. Regardless, it sounds like you'd a wonderful run with Benny and Mary and shame about everyone being struck down afterwards. Hope you're soon back on the roads/trails again.
    Keep on running.....

    ReplyDelete