Sunday, April 7, 2013

3 Miles, 4 Miles and a Bloody Leg.


I had just completed a nice three miler and was walking back into the house when I decided to take a few twigs from the briar patch, to help start a fire later that evening.  Note to self:  never do this in a pair of shorts!  As bad luck would have it my laces got caught in the briars and I fell head over heals, tearing my legs on the briary ground.  What a mess!

The run itself had been lovely - in beautiful April weather.  Everyone seemed to be out and about - either walking or working, or in my case running!  I passed Margaret who was out washing her windows, Pádraic and Ciarán chatting on the roadside and Máire Nan taking the air on one of her daily walks.  Smiles on faces... a spat of good weather can really work wonders.

I huffed and puffed again - this was only my second run this week and it is proving to be a tough comeback.  But, glad was I when I finished up.

This morning I got out for a four miler - my legs still stinging from the briary scrapes.  It was a bit colder and overcast, but it was still a gorgeous day for a run.  I was happy to add a mile to my recent plodding.  And I felt a small bit better than I did either yesterday or Monday.  If tomorrow is fine I hope to get out to climb Ireland's most famous reek - Croak Patrick, with the bould McGowan.  Now that's something to look forward to!



No comments:

Post a Comment