Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Five Miles Interval.

My idea was to head off after work for a long run.  See where the road would lead me.  Only two weeks ago I did a 16 mile run using this very tactic - but it's been short distances since.  So time for another long run.  However, much to my annoyance I discovered that I had left my gear at home!  My work is a long oul commute so by the time I finally reached home it was dark and definitely not long distance running time.  Weighing it all up, I decided to swop a long session with an interval!  So five miles of hard threadmill running was the order of the evening.  And I did fine - survived anyway.  The great thing about interval running (or repeats as some call them) is that they break the monotony of the threadmill.  A straight run on that yoke is just sheer hell.  Another big benefit of the intervals is that you do feel a different kind of buzz after these runs, and they certainly bring your fitness on a good bit. So, box ticked on the interval front - and the long road will live for another day!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you forget your gear at home? :) Great job on the treadmill! You will be ready for your challenge in March!

    I hope you'll di another long run soon!

    ReplyDelete