Sunday, February 12, 2012

Five and Half Miles of Lactic Loosening!

Following Thursday's 18miler I took a break on Friday and got back into the saddle (well, into my runners) for a 5.5 mile jaunt up and down the local village.  This was TOUGH.  My legs clearly have a mind of their own and they did not want to be out on the road yesterday, so soon after the 18 mile run.  At every step they were screaming 'nnnoooo',  On the other hand, my brain was well up for a run yesterday.  It was a bright and beautiful February day - a real Spring day.  For once Ireland seems to be getting the very best of Europe's weather.  The big rugby match in Paris between Ireland and France was called off, while the English and Italians played on a snow covered pitch.  Meanwhile, on this island I was running around An Cheathru Rua in bright sunshine!  Now, why would the legs have any complaint about that?

1 comment:

  1. Running in bright sunshine? It must be the luck of the Irish! It was Arctic in the Dales last weekend - but it didn't stop me enjoying myself.

    ReplyDelete