Thursday, February 23, 2012

Wild Seas at Salthill...


I haven't been feeling the best these past few days, so I've reluctantly cancelled running appointments with Conor in the hope that I'd shake back into top gear.  However, I couldn't afford to wait too long (marathon on the horizon), so I went for a run on the Salthill prom after work this evening.  Just over five miles.  The weather was wild and the seas were very rough (I have exaggerated with this pic but, not far off!).  I headed west against the wind on my way out.  It's hard to describe this to non runners, but nothing, and I mean nothing, beats these kind of runs.  On my way from work a colleague said 'better you than me - I wouldn't go outside the door in this weather!'... The only tough part is the getting out there, being out there is just fantastic.

3 comments:

  1. It's funny, I wont go out of the house if it's raining, or blowing a gale. But if it comes on while I'm out running I invariably quite enjoy it and get home quite uplifted and invigorated.
    So yeah, I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a good training, Breandán! Running against the wind improves your strenght.
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man against the elements. Milis.

    ReplyDelete