Thursday, December 8, 2011

Waterford Looms.

Saturday is fast approaching, and with it comes the Waterford Half Marathon.  The Run a Month Club has held this great event in the highest of esteem since we ran our first race of the year back in Tuam last January.  This was to be the pinnacle of our efforts - the climax to our year of races.  However, the confidence that should have accrued from a year of races is not really that high right now.  I ran five miles on the threadmill yesterday and another four in Salthill this evening, but if truth be told it feels like too little too late.  I should have been running ten milers regularly these past few months but I rarely got past the 10k mark and a recent tragic family bereavement left me with a few weeks of little or no running, very late nights and a bit of drinking.  The other Run a Month brother has been flat out busy with work and hasn't run in two whole weeks!  We'll also be joined by Cormac, who has been injured most of the time!  Excuses... excuses!  On the bright side Ruth is flying and young Richie is in a constant state of fitness!  Máirín is in great shape and Big Ron is too fit!  Hopefully my last two sessions will have brought the body back a bit to some semblance of fitness and a bit of more regular rest will see me in a better state come Saturday.  Time will tell!

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck for Saturday, I'll think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about the tragic situation for your wife's family.

    Anyway, I hope you will be relaxed on Saturday while you will be running the Waterford Half Marathon. Let me read your race report!

    ReplyDelete